Sustainability is in the DNA of Inconfios. We were born with this concept of preservation and conscious use of natural resources. We seek to balance the tripod of sustainability, social, environmental, and economic. That is why we are BCI partners.
And what is BCI? The Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) — a global non-profit organization — is the largest cotton sustainability program in the world. Together with partners, this initiative provides training on more sustainable farming practices to more than two million cotton farmers in 21 countries. Some of BCI’s principles are:
1. Minimize the harmful impacts of cotton crop protection practices.
2. Use water efficiently and ensure its availability.
3. Take care of soil health.
4. Preserve natural habitats.
5. Care for and preserve the quality of fiber.
6. Promote fair labor relationships.
The cotton used in our spinning process here at Incofios has the BCI seal, which means that we support and contribute to the maintenance and preservation of these principles. This is one of the ways that Incofios contributes not only to sustainability but also to a better future.